Our research has shown that the hospitality industry has been one of the hardest hit industries by COVID-19. The health and safety of clients, hotel workers, and the public is the most important factor to consider for hotels right now. As more restrictions are eased, there will certainly be more traffic and business to accommodate. Setting anti-covid action will definitely help attract and keep customers.
As Ontario heads into Phase-3 and non-essential travel will be lifted today, (Friday, July 24, 2020), hotels are increasing their cleaning and sanitization protocols. Hotels such as the Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton and others have created a ‘Stay Safe’ Program, which outlines industry-wide guidelines on how to deal with COVID-19. These guidelines try to go above and beyond federal/provincial standards and are created in order to help you bring more traffic.
What Hotels Are Doing to Combat COVID-19
The first place to look at is providing quality sanitizing products to your customers. Customers will expect sanitary stations around high traffic areas everywhere especially in their rooms.
Providing sanitary packages is a great way to make them feel safe and welcomed. Include and encourage the use of personal protection equipment (PPE). That will also help with customer satisfaction
Hand Sanitizer stations
- PPE Kits are available for guests (personal sanitizer, wipes, masks, etc...).
- Removal of hard to clean or non-essential contact points (books, magazines),
- Sealed and covered essentials (coffee, remotes, cups)
>>See Our Line Of COVID-19 Sanitizer Kits For Use In Hospitality<<
Changes to improve service for COVID-19 are at a high level of priority. Service protocols and standards should be monitored and changed accordingly as provincial or federal protocols are always changing.
- Demonstrated social distancing knowledge and implementation by workers
- increased use of new bedding and sheets.
- Organize public areas with a lot of spaces
- Increased and expedited scheduled cleaning
- House cleaning on demand
- On-Demand delivery of items that can be dropped off without having maids in the room (coffee, toiletries)
- PPE and COVID-19 signage around high traffic areas to inform guests and workers of guidelines and protocols to follow.
- Providing signage and directions for proper use
- Cleaning Logs That Can Be Seen
>>See Our Line High Quality and Durable Linens For Use In Hospitality<<
Using contactless technology will help decrease touch points that may have a high risk of transmitting germs.
- increase the number of keys Drop-off boxes
- Online menus and services
- Use of Contactless check-in/check-outs
- Use of Contactless Payments
Meet and Exceed Customer Expectations
Going above and beyond the call of duty and providing necessary changes to your business is of great importance during these times. Creating a lasting impression on your clients and providing the best service will allow you to invite them as repeat customers in the future.
Always keep in mind to clean, distance, and protect so your employee will be safe and also your customer. That will also help with their satisfaction as their main concern must be their health safety and also make them want to come back and probably bring other people.