How to Keep Hotel Linens and Towels White?
When walking into a hotel room, probably the first thing you will see is the crisp white sheets laid out on the bed and the next thing you will notice is the white towels in the bathroom. It may seem counterintuitive for hotels to use white bed sheets and towels since it is very easy to stain. The reason why hotel linens are white is that the white color shows that they are bright, fresh, and tidy. When guests stay at a hotel, they don’t really want bed linens that hide stains. Every little spill shows up when you have white linens. When you look at a white duvet cover or sheet, you can instantly tell it is clean.
White bed sheets and towels are one effective way for hotels to prove their standards of cleanliness. The white color also shows the confidence of the hotel that they can afford to keep them clean. The other reason for using white is that when hotel staff do the washing, they can throw bed linens, towels, and any other dirty fabrics into the same washing machine without worrying about any colors running.
Tips for keeping the sheets white
Almost all hotels use white linens, even if there are no exceptions for luxurious hotels. Since the white color is very easy to stain, it is important to know how to keep them white.
- Use the latest technologies, which include stain removers and soaps, to remove the stain.
- Put the laundry in a big pot full of the perfect combination of laundry detergent, baking soda, and cold water. And then boil the linens for half an hour and wring them out.
- After treatment, the next step is washing. First, wash it with laundry detergent. Then, wash it again with fabric softener to make it feel soft after the wash. The final wash includes bleach to bring out the white color.
- To cut through the residue that detergent can leave behind, putting a single cup of white vinegar in your wash with detergent is a good way to go.
Tips for caring bed linens and towels
In order to keep the bed sheets crisp white and keep the towels fluffy, here are some tips for caring for hotel linens.
- Make sure to wash all towels with detergent before use, as this prevents thread pulling.
- Shake towels before you put them in the washing machine as this will allow the detergent to sink in. And also give them a shake after you pull the towels out of the washing machine. It fluffs up the loops on the fabric, which keeps them absorbent.
- Use warm or cold water and avoid long washing cycles. Long washing cycles with high-speed spins cause more wrinkles, and excessively high temperatures of water can cause shrinkage.
- For towels, skip the softener. Fabric softeners and dryer sheets can break down the cotton fibers more quickly.
- Use low heat to dry the hotel linens. Do not over-dry as it can lead to a dull, grey appearance.
- Storage should be in a temperature-controlled, well-ventilated area and away from direct sunlight to prevent damage to fibers.